Since independence India has made rapid strides in the health sector. However, access to healthcare still remains a challenge, as indicated from various eye opening data from NFHS clearly. Healthcare for underprivileged, which is a desperate need, thus remains unaddressed, and where Pasala Foundation wants to spread light.
Pasala Foundation focuses on all the various factors involved to change this practice of child marriage by focusing on the necessary factors to be taken into consideration for the wellbeing of the Girl Child.
For such scenarios we are running the awareness program “Shield Her” for the Cervical Cancer and Breast Cancer with collaboration of State Govt.
We provide technical support to Department of health at district level to increase the awareness regarding the health issues. Its goal is to build a better, healthier future for people
When we work towards women empowerment, various studies, as well as our experience, have shown that the whole society benefits. But unfortunately in India, most women are denied even their basic rights which are far from being empowered. According to a recent UNDP Human Development Report, India has a dangerously imbalanced sex ratio, the main reason behind this is rampant female infanticide and sex-selective abortions.
To address these challenges, Pasala Foundation has launched a programme for women empowerment specifically aimed to support our deprived, socially excluded women and adolescent girls.
- Programmes includes
- Giving them basic education of health and hygiene
- Literate them to an extent of self-reliance and self-sustenance
- Train them for – stitching, embroidery, making candles, handmade jewelries etc.
- Increase awareness about the Govt schemes for women like: Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme, NIRBHAYA, UJJAWALA etc.
Old Age Home
According to a report 90% of India's poor seniors still work for a livelihood. For this Pasala Foundation took the initiative to make their life better. So we create a place where elderly people can stay, have food, have proper medical care and never feel depressed for living alone. Our Old Age Home Program is formed with the main objective of providing help and care for the old.
What we provide:
- Clean and hygienic boarding and lodging facilities
- With nursing and medical care
- Community to live together
- Live in peace along with the most friendly and caring people around them
Pasala Foundation encourages community living where everyone can help each other at the hour of need.
Pasala Foundation is committed to providing basic education and healthcare to underprivileged children. Mission Education is a national level program for Us. Pasala Foundation believes there's no better place to start than in the corridors of education.
Education empowers an individual to earn his/her livelihood and as well as results to a better life; because it increases one's awareness on a range of issues – from healthcare to appropriate social behavior to understanding one's rights, and in the process evolve as a better citizen.
Pasala Foundation’s educational initiatives:
- Education for underprivileged children who are under difficult circumstances
- Special emphasis is given on girl education and women education, so that they and their families get empowered.
- Offer free accommodation and food with education for those poor souls.
Since its inception, more than thousands of underprivileged children have directly benefitted from Pasala Foundation.
From a section of underprivileged youth Pasala Foundation aims at creating a pool of young and independent people, through skill enhancement in tandem with market requirements. In the fast emerging services and retail sectors of modern India, it is an effort towards bridging the gap between demand and supply of skilled manpower.
Programs initiated by Pasala Foundation:
- Train the urban underprivileged youth in English Proficiency,
- Render Knowledge of Basic Computer Education and Soft Skills.
- Encourage them to become self employed
To end poverty and promote equality, we believe that addressing the diverse needs of youth and adolescents is critical to our mission